2014年1月20日月曜日

Work Life Balance

Since last post, I took action. I decided rather than saying I wanted a better work/life balance, I decided to actually do something about it.

I realised I needed to reign in the workload. I realised that if I didn't speak up, nothing was going to change.

So I spoke up.

And I found that after I did, I felt a whole lot better. It's amazing how powerful talking can be. Letting things out rather than keeping them in.

Today, I went about things with a much more positive attitude. Ok, the chocolate-coated coffee beans a colleague shared with me may have had something to do with it. But on the whole, I felt better. My mind felt more at ease and I took on the day's challenges much more confidently.

And then, I left the office at 730pm.

And didn't bring work home.

By 930pm, I was bathed and fed. And had no idea what to do with myself.

I loved it.

I am loving it.

I am on the way to getting this work/life balance thing back.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿